In Alpavet SLP we are committed to the welfare of animals. Our team of five veterinarians specialized in cattle medicine, provide a 24 hours service 365 days a year, acting in the most effective way to solve possible diseases that may arise in farms.
From a herd protection perspective, Alpavet SLP provides:
- Advice on the vaccination program for each particular farm depending on its location, age of the animals, entry-exit policy, etc.
- Implementation of a health plan in farms, identifying the most relevant pathologies in it and establishing an adequate protocol to eliminate them.
- Control of milk and blood serum samples of the most relevant diseases.
From an individual cow protection perspective, Alpavet SLP provides:
- Exploration, diagnosis and treatment of sick animals in a fast and effective way. Supervision and review of clinical cases when required.
- Analyses in our own clinical laboratory: hematology, biochemistry, mastitis cultures, microscopic diagnosis, etc.
- Scheduled surgeries: umbilical hernias, abomasum displacements or laparotomies examinations, among others.
- Emergency surgeries: cesarean sections, intestinal torsion/volvulus, abomasal displacements, etc.
- Emergencies 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
In Alpavet SLP we work on a very clear basis: prevention rather than cure and early diagnosis of pathologies. We also believe that training farmer is a basic pillar to achieve success in our work and maximize the welfare of farm animals.